2020 Red-Tailed Hawk Invitational
2020 Red-Tailed Hawk Invitational
The Red-Tailed Hawk Invitational (formerly known as the Men’s Member-Guest Tournament) is the elite event showcasing Tellico Village. The 2020 Red-Tailed Hawk Invitational is scheduled to be held on October 21st – October 24th. This fall date will afford us the best possible weather and course conditions. Our guests will be able to experience the best that East Tennessee and Tellico Village has to offer.
The 2020 Tournament Committee has been working hard to come up with the best possible plan for an event considering the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. This year’s event will be more of a traditional golf event minus the large social gatherings (participants stag night, the ladies luncheon and the banquet at the Yacht club). The golf aspects will be virtually unchanged and include Food and Beverage offerings for those days.
- The 2020 Red-Tailed Hawk Invitational will be held at all three of our World Class Golf Courses – Toqua, Tanasi and The Links at Kahite
- Wednesday, October 21st – Practice Round
- Thursday, October 22nd – Two 9-hole Matches at Toqua Golf Club
- Friday, October 23rd – Two 9-hole Matches at The Links at Kahite
- Saturday, October 24th – Final 9-hole Match at Tanasi Golf Club
- Saturday, October 24th – Championship Shootout at Tanasi
- Matches will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- Field will consist of a maximum of 10 flights with six teams per flight
- Five 9-hole matches: your team will play a match against every team in your flight for a fun and challenging competition
- The format for all five matches will be four-ball (2-person best ball)
- All tee assignments will be from the tee from which your handicap is established
- The maximum handicap differential between partners is 15.0. Teams with greater differentials may still participate; however handicaps will be based on the maximum allowable differential.
- Optional “Skins Game” within each flight
- Breakfast and lunch on Thursday and Friday, Breakfast on Saturday
- $100 shopping spree for each Member and Guest
- Unparalleled FUN!!!
Past year participants have the first opportunity to sign up for this event. However, every year there have been numerous opportunities for NEW teams to sign up and participate in the event. Because there is an excellent probability that there will be more NEW teams applying than available slots, a lottery will be held to determine which teams get in the event and also determine the order of the waiting list. Based on prior years’ experience the chance of “winning” this lottery and gaining entry into the Red-Tailed Hawk Invitational will likely be as great as 50:50 or greater!
Attached, please find an application for the 2020 Red-Tailed Hawk Invitational. If you are interested in participating in this year’s event, you must return a completed application to the Toqua proshop by Friday, September 11th at 5:00 p.m. The lottery to determine new teams in the event will be held at the Toqua Proshop at 9:30 a.m. on Monday, September 14th. Incomplete applications will be returned and not considered in the lottery (including entry fee, all necessary information about your guest’s home course and handicap information).
Below is an outline of more specific details about the Red-Tailed Hawk Invitational;
Wednesday, October 21st: Optional practice round at any of our three World Class Golf Courses – Toqua Golf Club, Tanasi Golf Club or The Links at Kahite (included in entry fee).
Thursday, October 22nd: First day of competition, matches 1 and 2. Play will begin at 9:30 a.m. at Toqua Golf Club. Breakfast will be available starting at 8:00 a.m. with lunch served between matches.
Friday, October 23rd: Second day of competition, matches 3 and 4. Play will begin at 9:30 a.m. at The Links at Kahite. Breakfast will be available at 8:00 a.m. with lunch served between matches.
Saturday, June 20th: Final day of competition, match 5. Play will begin at 9:30 a.m. at Tanasi Golf Club. Breakfast will be available at 8:00 a.m.
Saturday, June 20th:Our CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOTOUT will begin at 1:00 p.m. where all flight winners will compete to determine the 2020 CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM. Spectators are allowed with social distancing precautions and the Awards presentation will be conducted on the course when the final championship match is concluded.
You may return your application by mail or in person to the Toqua Golf Club. The cost for the 2020 Member-Guest is just $500.00 per team, which affords you and your guest the following:
- 63-holes of golf for each Member and Guest
- Breakfast for all three tournament rounds on Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Lunch for the tournament rounds on Thursday and Friday
- Beverages including beer at each event location
- $100 shopping spree for each member and guest
- Additional prize opportunities for Flight Winners, Runners-up and Overall Champion
***Overall value of well over $600***
A check payable to the “TVPOA” must be included with your completed application. Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 11th.
If you have questions, please contact Chris Sykes via email at email@example.com or by phone at (865) 458-6546. We hope that you consider participating in this outstanding event.
Please note that this is all subject to change as work to best manage these ever-changing times.Posted on: September 2, 2020, by : caddyshack